Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer

Summer is flying by! Where is the time going!? 

First and foremost: an update since my last blog. I know, such a cliff hanger, right? Well, it's ALL completely 110% GREAT news. Cassandra is on her way to a full recovery and is on her way home TOMORROW! What WHAT!!!!!! That girl is a huge fighter. I've heard she will still have to wear a helmet until they can reconstruct part of her skull but she is walking, talking, going through rehab, speech therapy, OT, PT- she's working hard for a full recovery and I cannot tell you how strong she is. Fred is doing well also- he's home already and is working his leg to heal. Don't forget, you can still donate by clicking HERE. Can't donate? Please send prayers/love/positive vibes and maybe share their link? They could really use ALL the help they can get- and that includes help from the Big Man upstairs.

Here are some shots from our summer so far. I have to say, I'm loving every second I get with my girl. 2 days a week is just not enough sometimes. I see her for about 1.5 hours in the morning, 1.5 hours at night and then 2 days during the week. I miss her. Working mom guilt gets about 1 million times worse during the summer, I think. It's pretty awful.

Meanwhile, enjoy her cute face. We went to the Maine Wildlife Park a couple weeks ago. It was beyond lame. It used to be awesome but now, I could take it or leave it. We only saw a few animals and spent most of the day trudging for what felt like miles (the park is not organized very well and spread out a TON) so we could see a raccoon, 2 porcupines and 1 lynx. We did see an eagle (but apparently I could see that in the parking lot at work because I did. NBD) but other than that, it was dumb. We are going to York zoo in a few weeks and I couldn't be more excited! Way better animals there!

Oh hi curly locks.



My favorite attraction- a baby moose! SO cute!!!! We did see some grown moose as well that were laying down enjoying the shade. 


Just in case you were wondering, she had this same outfit last summer in 0-3 months. I'm a huge fan of buying the same thing in bigger sizes so she can re-wear them. Don't judge me.


After trudging around in the 95 degree heat, we decided a trip to Range pond was in order so we could cool off. So far, she isn't a huge fan of the water but, we've got a new float and are trying again tomorrow! 

Yep. That's her bathing suit this summer. Don't hate it because it's so cute. Also, her blonde curls are too much for me to handle. 

Hi, Mama!
Thanks to Hurricane Arthur (with his light breeze and heavy rains), 4th of July was kind of a bust. We did manage to make it to Brooks Parade and Brooks Field day which was kinda fun. We didn't stay long though- the rain started in and we had a bbq to get to at my grandmothers house.  

All American.

This is her "please make the sirens stop" face. It got progressively worse.

Tomorrow, we are hitting up another lake. My goal this summer has to been to try a new beach every weekend. So far, we've done our best. We've been to a few beaches already and are planning more and more as time goes on. Next weekend, we won't be going to ANY beaches though- we are having a yard sale! If you are in Waldo County and need baby girls clothes size NB-12 months (and a few bigger sizes), I'll be posting more info later so keep an eye out! I am SO excited!!! We also will have some maternity clothes for sale, house goods (dishes etc), non maternity women's clothes, movies (TONS of movies) and even some baby gear! WOO! I'm hoping we can get rid of all of it so pretty pretty please, when we post the time and place- come buy my stuff! Anyways, the weekend after that is the benefit for Cassandra and Fred and guess what else? I won tickets to see Kenny Loggins that night! WOO! I won them on the radio and was pretty freakin stoked the day I won. Still can't get over it. The bad news? The concert is in Rangeley which is like, over 2 hours away but that's cool. I'll get to do something that is kind of once in a lifetime and it costs me nothing! SCORE! I will miss my baby big time that night though :(

Anyways, I'm feeling so grateful for my day with Layla tomorrow. I miss that girl so much. Missing all this time with her during the week is for the birds. Pretty sure I need to win the lotto so I can be a stay at home mom and really soak her up. Balancing motherhood and a career is so hard. I hate it. She is the number 1 most important thing in the world to me and the fact that I spend most of my time away from her kills me. I miss her. 

But, it's bed time for this mama. I can't wait to go swimming tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment