Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bonk.

Layla is learning to hold herself up. She can stand (with assistance), she can sit (with assistance) and she's still learning to roll over (slowly but surely. I think she can, I think she can!). We're trying our best to be supportive. Every once in a while, she bonks down on the floor or the bed. It never makes her cry or hurts her, but you can tell it shocks her. Lately, life has been bonking down all around me. Shocking me. Not hurting me...just scaring me. But, life has a way of doing that and, I imagine by the time Layla is standing unassisted, so will we and life will be normal again.



We started solids. Just once every few days for now. Carrots, Avocado, and bananas. So far, Bananas are her favorite followed by carrots and avocado. As you can see, she never stops being cute.


gah. The chub.

This is just....disgustingly cute. I mean seriously. I can't stand it.
Matt and I are trying to take life in stride these days but, I can't say we've had a stress free summer. Honestly though, her smile makes it all better. There are days and nights where I watch her smile, sleep, laugh, learn...and I think, this is what life is about. There is nothing like watching your baby become a person. Nothing. 

Layla lost all her hair a few weeks ago when we combed out her cradle cap. I shed a few tears at the loss of her gorgeous red hair...but, it's growing back an incredible shade of blonde. I mean, it's almost invisible. But, it's gorgeous. She is a daddy's girl these days. Her face lights up about 10 million watts when he walks in the room. She's ecstatic to see him all the time. He makes her laugh, squeal, smile. She's all his. And he's all hers. He is wrapped pretty tightly around her finger and, I doubt he'll ever break free. Her eyes haven't changed color yet- they are still a gorgeous shade of blue. Although a duller blue than before. But still blue. She does seem to have a tooth breaking through. SLOOWWWWLLYYY but, I'm pretty sure it's there. It's made her seriously fussy but, we love her anyway :). She has yet to sleep through the night consistently but, she's working on it. Her sleep stretches are getting longer and I couldn't be more happy about that. I do love to sleep. She LOVES to snuggle. LOVES. She's a snuggle bug.

She had two shots today. She cried for about 30 seconds total. It was a lot easier on me too. The first time she had shots, I sat and bawled like a freakin baby. This time, I didn't shed one single tear. I was actually proud of myself. She didn't love her doctors appointment- she never does. But, I was glad to hear she is progressing well and looking and sounding very healthy. I can't even tell you how proud and in love I am with this baby girl. She is seriously the most perfect thing I have. I love her. 

Well, the babe is sleeping pretty soundly and, even at 9:30 at night, I have a cake to frost. *yawn*.

No comments:

Post a Comment