Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Changes.

Layla. She is changing every day and some of the biggest changes happened in the past 2 weeks.

Seriously, the kid won't eat without spoon or fork. She's peed on the potty twice. She started SINGING (and it is adorable) and, she gives herself a bath (basically, she washes her hair, her feet and her hands. Leaving me all the dirty work). This kid, she LOVES to do things on her own. And guess what? I love her independence. LOVE it.
She looks like a total raggamuffin. But, I just love it. These overalls cost me 0.50 at a baby fair. She's been wearing them since last October now. hashtagmykidnevergrows

Oh, that bright light up there? That's her future. NBD.
 My town is, like, 99% Celtic (that's just my estimation). So, it's only fitting that we have a Celtic celebration every year. Us? We're Scotch-Irish and Welsh. Basically, we've been in America since like, the 1700's so people who were already here of Scottish and Irish decent made babies (aka us) and we call ourselves Scotch-Irish. Essentially, we're the whitest people ever. Oh, and we have blonde hair with red undertones. I have very little red in my hair but, if the light hits it juuusttt right, you can see it. Layla, on the other hand, has a ton of red tones when the sun hasn't bleached her out completely!
Enjoying fireworks at the Celtic festival!

She steals the show.
 She has recently started taking care of her "baby". She feeds her a bottle, rocks her, puts her to sleep and then starts all over again. Eventually, this play will advance to the next level. I think I might teach her to nurse her baby. Matt thinks that's weird...but I disagree.


Layla had a doctors appointment this week. I wish I could say her growth was substantial. 19.15 pounds and 30 inches tall. She's a peanut! She actually LOST weight. The doctor did seem concerned until I told him how much she ate and how active she is. Seriously, unless she's sleeping or eating, she's running everywhere! And she eats EVERYTHINGGGGG. OMG this kid eats just about anything you give her- unless it's a vegetable. I'm on the hunt for some pomegranate for her to try this summer but haven't found any yet. I think I'm looking in the wrong places :). Pom is one of my favorite fruits and I so want her to try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment