Thursday, August 28, 2014

Summer!

So summer really blows by if you're not blogging, right?

This summer has been amazing for us- the winds of change blew through very hard, but the end results were amazing. 

I got a new job. Yes, another one. But one that I really, truly love. And, if you have to work (you know, the pay the BILLS), you might as well love what you do, right? Plus, there are a TON of opportunities with this job. It is really helping us position our family for a better future. Things will be great for us- I just know it. I can feel it this time- we're going to do big things. 


Shaggy blonde hair? She knows how to rock it.

But the curls- I'm completely obsessed with them.



There is something about that knee dimple.
Layla now knows a bunch of body parts- eyes, ears, nose, mouth, knees, hands, toes (also she responds to shoes lol), hair, and more recently- BUTT. She is also recognizing people in photos and calling them by name- it's pretty hilarious. But I think, my favorite thing she does, is when she pulls something yucky out of her mouth (usually food) and says "EWWWWW! Or, when she comes in holding a pair of shoes and says "shoes, shoes, shoes" and puts them in front of you to put on. We have discovered that she is a HUGEEEE Beatles fan. Also, she loves Aretha Franklin and Elvis Presley. I'm so glad she has good taste in music. Nothing lame allowed in this house!

Meanwhile, I've decided, I need to be healthier about my eating habits. I think, for now, my goal is to replace more of my drinks (and food too) with water. Less sweet tea, less soda (don't judge me)- more WATER. When I was pregnant, I loved a nice cold ice water (almost as much as I loved root beer). I still do love water but it's so hard for me to get into something so boring. Who is with me on this? At my new job, I was given a FREE fitbit! I've had it for approximately 36 hours and am completely in love with it. It's nothing fancy- their most basic model. But it's pink and small and oh so pretty. I'm in love. It has inspired me to be healthier. Drink water, go for walks. I would love to hit 10k steps in a day. Today I walked almost 3 miles! That is CRAZY to me! Especially considering I have a desk job. But, I spend about one mile of that chasing after Layla so it makes sense I guess. So, my health plan starts with more fiber and protein. Less "fluff" food. More oatmeal, more almonds (and, probably, an occasional honey roasted peanut. Don't judge.), less fruit loops, less brownies. I can't let temptation get me EVERY time. I'm taking on my weight loss goal as more of a "get healthy" goal and less of a "weight loss" goal. It will be hard- I do plan to lose weight but it won't be my main focus. Basically, next time I'm pregnant, I don't want to weigh over 170 by the end of it.

This weekend we are planning on going to the fair and the following weekend is pretty much eaten up too. Fall is already zooming by and it's not even here! Time flies when you're having fun I guess :).

No comments:

Post a Comment